Listing the best Paypal Poker sites for July 2014
Welcome to PayPalPoker.net the only poker site dedicated to poker rooms accepting Paypal as a form of deposit. Currently there are two sites accepting deposits via Paypal, we are sure this will grow in the future. Be sure to sign up by clicking banners on this site, this will enable you to receive the largest poker bonuses and be eligible to enter the free poker tournaments provided by PayPalPoker.net
US & Canadian Players are not accepted at the Paypal sites below, if you're having trouble depositing, try UsPokerSites.com as they accept all US credit cards.
PayPal Poker Sites by Country
Unfortunately, PayPal is not a viable payment method globally. We’ve provided dedicated pages specifically for players from other countries. Click on any of the flags to find out which PayPal poker sites are available in your country.
Guide To PayPal Poker Sites
Online gambling is becoming a mature market. In countries like the UK, poker sites are now licensed and regulated by the government. Gambling companies are even able to trade public stock. With such growth comes legitimacy, and with legitimacy comes fast and easy payment processing. Hence the rise of PayPal poker sites in the modern online poker market.
What Is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the web’s original e-wallet services. The company was founded in 1998, aiming to provide payment solutions for small e-commerce and trading sites. PayPal now serves over 110 million customers in 190 countries, handling over $38 billion in transactions per year. PayPal poker site transactions make up a small but growing proportion of these transactions.
PayPal functions as a middleman between you and your cash. You deposit money into your PayPal account and then use it to make payments to merchants who accept PayPal. Using PayPal to purchase goods has distinct advantages over paying with your credit card or bank account, including:
- Security: you don’t have to hand out personal information to the merchant, and transactions are encrypted.
- Convenience: you can buy from any merchant who accepts PayPal, which virtually all e-commerce sites do – including many PayPal poker sites.
- Services: you can perform currency conversions, funds transfers, and even accept payments for services all with a PayPal personal account. Customers from some countries also have access to brick-and-mortar benefits, like the PayPal MasterCard debit card.
Is PayPal Secure?
PayPal is probably the most secure payment option online. This makes it perfect to use at PayPal poker sites, where protecting yourself and your information is a primary concern. There are three basic layers to PayPal’s security system: encryption, security token, and fraud detection.
- Encryption: in order to use PayPal, you’ll need to log in using a Secure Socket Layer 3-enabled browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or Internet Explorer). With SSL activated, all data flows between you and PayPal are mediated by the highest-grade encryption methods possible. This ensures nobody can “listen in” on your transactions.
- Security token: PayPal customers are eligible to purchase a security token to really lock down their accounts. For $29.99, you receive a keycard that generates a 6-digit code when activated. You won’t be able to log in to your PayPal account without entering this code, which means it’s virtually impossible for malicious hackers to force entry into your account. This service is highly recommended for playing at PayPal poker sites, since crooks in the poker world love to target players’ e-wallet accounts – especially if you’re a medium-, high-, or nosebleed- stakes player.
- Fraud detection: the PayPal team is constantly monitoring transactions just like your bank or credit card company would. If the team notices any discrepancies with your account, they’ll notify you and take steps to minimize potential damage.
Are Payments At PayPal Poker Sites Fast?
As long as you’ve got funds in your account, depositing at a PayPal poker site is basically instant. Otherwise it can take a few days for cash to move from your bank account or credit card to your account. Withdrawal times vary depending on which poker site you’re playing at, but generally are pretty fast. You can expect your cash to hit your PayPal account in 48 days to a week.
Can Players From All Countries Use Pay Pal?
Unfortunately, not all players can use PayPal at poker sites. Since PayPal only processes gambling transactions in countries where online gambling is legal and regulated, a lot of us get left out. But for players from the following countries, PayPal poker sites are a great option:
- United Kingdom
- Various other EU countries
How Can I Get Started With PayPal?
Getting started with PayPal is easy and free. Just head to <a href=”http://www.paypal.com”>PayPal’s homepage</a>, click “Sign Up”, and follow the on-screen instructions. You’ll need to enter some personal information like your name, country, and home address, but you won’t need to choose a funding source immediately. The sign up process takes 2 or 3 minutes.
How Do I Fund A PayPal Account?
Once you’ve signed up for a PayPal account, you’ll need to fill it with money. You can link a variety of payment methods to your account, depending on where you live. Most users choose to link a checking account or credit card to their PayPal account because these methods are fast and easy to use.
Linking a debit card to your PayPal account is simple. Just select “Profile” from your account menu, and then “Add or Edit Bank Account”. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the link, and you’re good to go. The same process applies for linking a credit card to your account.
Once you’ve linked and confirmed a funding source, you’ll need to add money to your account. Choose “Add Funds” from your account menu, and then select your preferred funding source. It should take around 2-3 days for funds to hit your PayPal account, though in rare cases transfers can take a week.
How Do I Deposit At A PayPal Poker Site
Depositing at a PayPal poker site is easy. Navigate to the poker site’s cashier and select “Deposit”. When you’re given the option to choose a payment method, select “PayPal”. Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit, click submit, and you’re good to go.
How Do I Withdraw From A PayPal Poker Site?
Withdrawing funds from a PayPal poker site to your PayPal account is equally as easy as depositing. Navigate to the poker site’s cashier and select “Withdraw” or “Cash Out”. Enter the amount of money you want to cash out, submit the transaction, and boom – you’re done.
What Are Some PayPal Poker Sites To Play At?
There are plenty of PayPal poker sites out there, most of them headquartered in the UK. Since PayPal only does business with regulated sites, the UK is one of the only markets in which PayPal transactions are feasible. The following poker sites all accept PayPal:
- 888 Poker, our top choice for modern and stable software.
- Party Poker, our top choice for multi-table tournament players.
- Bet365 Poker, a great option for cash game players.
- BWIN Poker, a good overall poker site.